2019-02-27 10:43:00 来源：葡京电子游戏网址
二、完形填空(本题有 15 小题;每小题 1 分;共计 15 分) 阅读下面短文，掌握其大意，然后从每题所给的 A、B、C、D 四个选项中选出最佳选项。
It was the summer before my third grade. Our girls’ softball team was facing real pitchers(投球手) 16 the first time. Before that, we could just hit the ball on the tee(球座). When the coach started pitching, hitting
became 17 for me. I missed every single pitch. From the side, I heard my teammate Emily laughing at 18 . My face got hot and my throat
felt like it had a softball stuck in. At that moment, I was starting to 19 playing softball.
The next afternoon, when Mum said it was time to play the game, I told her I was 20 . She allowed me to lie down for a while. So I went to my room and 21 myself in bed. This was difficult for me because I was fine and just 22 to avoid softball.
Soon Mum came in and said, “Time to go!” She didn’t even ask if I felt 23 . I imagined Emily laughing from the sideline, and 24 I really did feel sick to my stomach. I began crying loudly. Still, Mum pulled my team T-shirt over my head. She said, “You have to 25 for the rest of the season, and only after that we can talk about 26 you’ll continue next year.” She added that practice was what I needed, not 27 . She promised to practice with me.
I got two hits that afternoon, and Emily didn’t make a 28 . Every week after that, I practiced at home 29 I got to be one of the best hitters on the team.
That 30 taught me being afraid is part of life, and I can do whatever is expected of me if I keep working and practicing.
1. A. for B. by C. from D. about
2. A. noisy B. natural C. hard D. possible
3. A. him B. them C. me D. us
4. A. remember B. hate C. enjoy D. practice
5. A. bored B. sick C. shy D. sad
1. A. helped B. dressed C. threw D. taught
2. A. failed B. wanted C. refused D. offered
3. A. safer B. better C. warmer D. happier
4. A. usually B. probably C. carefully D. suddenly
5. A. play B. break C. share D. relax
6. A. what B. where C. which D. whether
7. A. waking up B. hurrying up C. giving up D. speaking up
8. A. plan B. sound C. choice D. decision
9. A. until B. unless C. after D. though
10. A. accident B. business C. relationship D. experience